Job opening: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC), an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks to hire a half-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator, a new position created in connection with an initiative presently underway to extend BMAC’s geographic and demographic reach.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the timely and effective implementation of BMAC’s marketing and communications activities, including but not limited to:
• managing pertinent sections of the BMAC website;
• managing BMAC’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube presence;
• the production and distribution of electronic newsletters;
• the writing and distribution of press releases, PSAs, and calendar listings;
• serving as BMAC’s principal liaison with members of the media;
• expanding and overseeing BMAC’s repository of testimonials, photographs, and videos;
• the production and distribution of an array of print materials;
• managing BMAC’s paid advertising and underwriting campaigns; and
• helping to develop improved strategies and systems for all of the above.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will report to the Director and will work closely with all members of BMAC’s staff. S/he will work 20 hours per week during regular BMAC office hours (Monday-Friday, 10-6); it is possible that some work may be completed from home. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
The ideal candidate will have previously demonstrated success in marketing, communications, graphic design, and/or working with the media. S/he will have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including an ability to manage multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines. Strong writing, verbal communications, computer, and Internet skills are a must.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. If available, please send up to three relevant writing and/or graphic design samples. (Note: Please send all materials in .pdf or .doc format, not .docx.)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1972, the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC) is located in Brattleboro’s historic Union Station. The mission of BMAC is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage people of all ages. A leading presence in the cultural landscape of Brattleboro, Vermont, and the surrounding area, BMAC presents rotating exhibitions of contemporary art, organizes and hosts a variety of cultural events, offers arts education programs to area schools, and serves as a venue for public and private gatherings. To learn more about BMAC, visit www.brattleboromuseum.org or www.facebook.com/brattmuseum.